Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thank You For Being A Friend

I didn't believe it when I first heard it. Around 9:15pm Saturday night I recieved a call from Andy and he told me that Bea Arthur had passed away at the age of 86. I first thought about the date, but it was too late for April Fool's Day, although I wouldn't put it past the Nap Daddy to pull such a prank after last year's Jenna Fischer Gem. But when I got home around 1:00 am and saw a post on my facebook page from Jenny Beck ab0ut her passing and I knew it was true. The quick witted, sassy Golden Girl passed away from cancer. As Dorothy Zbornak she had impecable timing and had facial expressions the even Vince McMahon would be proud of. Herself and Estelle Getty, who also recently passed away, were far and away my favorite of the G.G's. The Mother Daughter pair had phenomenal chemistry together and will go down as one of the great comedic tandoms. I will tenatively schedule a Golden Girl's marathon for next weekend and you are all invited! To Bea Arthur, Thank you for being a friend! R.I.P.

1 comment:

Andy said...

This sucks, but I'm going to be inconsolable when Betty White passes away.