Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Farewell #4 (Brett Favre not Kenyon Martin)

I should be happy that Brett Favre is gone. For years he has mauled my poor Chicago Bears, like LeBron James does babies with candy. But I'm not. Brett Favre is one of those players who comes around once in a lifetime. For 17 years we've gotten to watch one of the greatest of all time. His passion for the game is second to none, and he played the game like he was a kid. His creativity on the field was something I'd think could only be done on a video game. Under hand flips to players, pump faking opposing team members 20 yards after he has passed the line of scrimmage, phantom hook shots when he doesn't even have the ball. Remarkable! He also threw the ball harder and straighter than anyone I can think of. I feel bad for the wide recievers who had to catch a Favre pass in those sub-freezing Lambeau temperatures. I'm sure many a finger has been amputated for that reason alone.
It was kind of a shock when I heard that he had retired. It had actually never even crossed my mind. I was %100 sure he was coming back this season to get this team into the Super Bowl, because they came so close last season. Plus the fact that his very last pass was an interception. But none of that matters, he is ready to leave. Maybe he feals that he has done all he can do with this team and it is time to pass the torch. Aaron Rogers....good luck.
Brett the NFL will not be the same without you!

3 comments:

Funky D said...

Nice tribute. And nice new Stacie pic! Kenyon (not the college) Martin is still alive?

Andy said...

Stacie looks like she rolled right out of Craig Krenzel's bed in that picture. Also, I don't know what to do with this entry. It's all serious and stuff. And largely spelled correctly. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

DAVEKWON said...

Kirk Cameron said I was sinning too much in my other posts. I had to tone it down a notch for one entry.